View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #26
Rick Gibbs

Default Re: New to the Flathead game and need advice

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I think I should clarify, sorry new to the forum. But what I am trying to get in the gearing is turning a lower RPM at 50 mph and will go to 60 mph if I needed to. I would tear my engine apart trying to get to 60mph right now because it is running so hard to get to 50 mph. I just don’t want to strain the engine so hard cruising at 50mph. I hope that makes more sense. The idea of changing the whole rear axial is a good idea .... but I have already completely reworked this axial including new paint and coating. I thought the gearing would be good and the hands on work renewing the gearing was done by a friend. I wanted it to be done by someone that does it every day. The tire I am running is 255/55/18. They way the truck currently sits I don’t think I got any room to go bigger. Chatter has only started recently but I have gotten more play in the shifter . So since I am always fine tuning the truck I was going to check on the linkages and make sure the clutch is adjusted right. “Great help 19fordy” that is very good info he sent me. I am going to check all the mounts under the truck tomorrow while I am checking on the clutch. Speedway has gearing for sale I think it was 3:57. Do y’all think that would be right ratio?
Rick Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote