View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #27
Synchro909

Default Re: Devastating Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
I agree. If the BMW had hit the Model A I think the Model A would have landed in the ditch.

I think the Model A drifted into the path of the BMW and forced it into the ditch because the Model A sustained more damage to the left front fender and tire, and less damage to the left rear fender. Typical behavior when you see a car veer into your lane is to steer to the right (at least in the US where we drive on the right hand side of the road).

David Serrano
Automatically steering the right in a LHD country makes sense. We would go left. I have heard of people from a RHD country instinctively veering left to avoid trouble, just like they do at home but ending up in even more trouble. Swapping sides takes a lot of concentration not only when you start on the other side of the road but when you get home after almost getting used to it, you have to concentrate again. (you never completely get used to it)
Because everything there is @$$ backwards, I am not going make a guess at who did what.