Thread: WCFB - No Gas
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #11
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: WCFB - No Gas

1956 MERC 312 WCFB LOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post

I do not know much about carburetors but I do know I want to change out the WCFB and Loadamatic soon. For Now I would like to get the wagon back on the road!!

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post

What I have seen in other threads is that the 56 carb/ distrubutor set up is not the best. I would definitely like to switch out with as little modifications as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post

The easiest solution is to fix the original carb.

It may or may not be the best but it is 'one year only' and the carb, distributor and intake manifold from '56 won't fit / work correctly with those parts from other years.

Upgrading to the preferred '57+ versions of these parts is obviously more of a project than a carb rebuild.
Very Well Said...

I guess I am one of the worst in my description(s) of the FORD LOAD-O-MATIC System(s) and in all actuality is not 100 correct. While the system is not the best choice for performance (IMO), the system is adjustable to bring the car to acceptable performance. It requires a lot of detail work but can be done.

That being said, to change performance to the '57 up style will require at the minimum a distributor change.

Get her running and we will discuss it here afterwards if you want.

Now, is the car a driver, want to keep original and/or something you want to modify for better performance?

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote