View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 11:06 AM   #15
FLSTF

Default Re: An interesting journey...

For the color, we are not sure. We need to repaint a hubcap that popped off while driving down the road. When we find out the color, I'll let you guys know. It is a champagne color. We do get a lot of nice comments on the color

I only have a short history on the car based on information of the previous owner and a title from PA. The car was in Texas, moved up to Utah, over to South Dakota, then onto Pennsylvania (owners name was Ford) and a guy in Georgia traded his GTX and cash for the car. We found it in Georgia. The guy that owned it in Georgia passed from cancer while converting it to 12 volts and replacing the flathead. We completed the 12 volt conversion and swapped out the old flathead after we saw a lot of bubbles coming out of the top of the head. The block had 4 cracks. Now we have a strong flathead with an Isky Max1 cam. We baked the block, new cam, crank, piston, rods, lifters, valves....you name it, we replaced it. The rebuild cost around $5000. The key here is that my dad wanted an old ford with a flathead. I think we hit his goals...

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by FLSTF; 05-28-2020 at 11:19 AM.
FLSTF is offline   Reply With Quote