View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #2
tubman

Default Re: Introduction, Hello my '51 Club Coupe

Congratulations on your new car; it looks great! As the owner of a '51 club coupe myself, I can really appreciate your car.

I had the same problem with my door panels as you do. The folks I have talked to say the damage behind the interior door handles is caused by the rings people wear on their fingers. My drivers door was almost as bad as yours, while the passenger side, while having some damage, was a lot better. I fixed mine by replacing the upper part with some matching wool fabric from a fabric store. You can easily remove the narrow chrome trim piece, cut a replacement, glue it on the panel, and replace the chrome trim. My biggest problem was matching in the texture and color of the original fabric. My car was originally "Seafoam Green" and the interior fabric had a green tinge that was quite hard to match. Your car, being "Alpine Blue", should be a bit easier. Like yours, the rest of my door panels were in quite good shape and I am quite satisfied with the resulting repairs. I can post some pictures tomorrow if you're interested.

I was extremely lucky that my seats had no holes in them. I left the back seat as is (nobody sits back there), but installed cheap seat cover on the front to protect the upholstery. It looks kinda funky, but it is easy to remove for car shows, etc.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)