Thread: 65 Comets
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #18
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: 65 Comets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
The Mustang stuff is likely similar. There may be length issues with the equalizer rod but that can be fabricated. The lever for the 65 mustang appears to be similar as long as the intermediate cable will connect. Fairlane and Comet stuff should be pretty similar but you don't see a lot of this stuff in reproduction parts for the 65 models.

The Fairlanes only had a slight similarity in the body line for that year. The Comet body line made it look like a longer version of the Falcon Sprint but only from a side view. The tail is completely different and of course the body is longer.
Yea, I can fab any parts I need, was just looking for an easy way out. The rear cable just showed up, so I can see how it fits and where I'm at. I would most likely had to modify the stock parts anyway! There are major clearance issues with the size of the C6 and then the GV unit hanging on the back of it. The biggest concern is I think the cable will run right across the silonoid on the GV unit. If I can get some clearance there should be fine. I'll post some photos when I get the rear cable installed.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote