View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Piston to Head Clearance Input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyjonez View Post
Hello All:

I have read through a few of these threads, need some input on what I have:

4 inch stroke, 3 5/16 bore w/ Ross Pistons, Brand New Navarro Heads and New Best Graphtite Gaskets. New ARP Studs.

Aluminum Foil at sides and center of piston- torque to 40 lbs:

Clearance Middle = .120
Edge of Piston = .075

It seems compression would be way down. How much should I take off the heads??

Thanks Guys,
Dave
Before considering how much to take off the heads you should understand there's lots more to compression than just the measurement you have. The entire combustion chamber characteristics also need to be considered. Valve size and cam type. Also the actual use for the engine-as well as the number and type of carbs as well as if there a power adder involved {blower} the list can go on and on. The answer to your question at this point cannot be adequately given until a bunch more information is know.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote