View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:51 AM   #5
Karl

Default Re: Bratton's & Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by updraught View Post
Love that definition of "essential service".

We went thru that too. Gov't anounced at 2pm one day that the country was going to be reduced to "essential services".
Crickey! We thought. Doesn't look good.
The press and us thought it was the whole country shutting down tomorrow. The misses didn't know whether to go to work the next day.

Then a reporter that evening tries to get out of our prime minister, "what is an essential service?". Does an accountant, for example, go to work tomorrow?

He dodges and dodges the question and it turns out an "essential service" is anyone working.
As you know New Zealand is completely shut down Essential workers are those in Healthcare and health care support , Power supply ,Food production, supply and delivery -And that is it basically . To answer your question here an accountant is not essential and can work from home in any case.

I can't understand how Brattons a supplier of antique carparts could be considered essential. My five vintage cars won't need any parts because they will not be used for the duration. The suggestion that people will need to access parts to keep their hobby cars on the road suggests to me someone has missed the point

Here if I was out for a pleasure drive in a vintage car and was a non essential worker I would probably be pulled up and warned by the Police if I persisted I would be arrested -Karl