View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Paint recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
A single stage urethane is an excellent choice because it is durable and relatively easy to touch-up. It does not require color sanding. Avoid clear coat paint systems because a Model "A" is prone to scratches and rub spots that require often touch-ups. Clear coat is difficult to touch-up. DuPont's Nason is a good choice.
To kinda prove my point at the expense of my buddy & friend Bob's comment above, DuPont has not been in the paint business since 2013 now. DuPont sold to Axalta 7-8 years ago ...and IMO Axalta has really cheapened their products since then. When DuPont manufactured Nason to compete against PPG's Omni line, they were using their old technology lines as a way to compete against the cheap off-shore imported paint lines. As Bob said, they were decent back when DuPont made them but not so much since then. Many of the components that were used in those cheaper lines have either become cost prohibitive to use (lead being one) or outlawed all together. Because it was a line that has become less profitable for them, they are just throwing cheap fillers into make the paint, and should be considered for use as a used car level paint material.

BTW Bob, please don't be mad at me for using your comment!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote