Thread: Battery Tenders
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
bobH

Default Re: Battery Tenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
Lawson, I am using a C-Tec battery tender. It's a wonderful unit that does a great job. Been using it continually for last 6 years. Small and compact.
Here's the website. Pick one that works for you.
https://smartercharger.com/
I'd be interested in hearing a little more. I have a CTEK, and I'm not yet a fan of it. It does things that I don't yet understand... Like flashing green or red lights. The manual that came with mine does not explain what all this means. Sometimes, when I get some light indicator that I don't understand, I disconnect it, and re-connect it, and then it gives light indication that is shown in the manual. Another thing, the light codes are not printed on the side of the unit. I have to go find the manual when I want to 'decipher'.
I also have a Battery Tender, and a Battery MINder Plus, and both of these units seem to be a little more 'friendly' to me.
I have all three of these units currently running. On one car, the CTEK will not work at all, where as the other two units seem to work ok.
The CTEK is probably the best of the three units, if I can believe their published info. I just wish I could understand what it's doing, and when.
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote