View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 02:11 AM   #11
Mercmarc

Default Re: Air Conditioning Condenser for an 8BA

Hello All,

Firstly, many thanks for everyones input, suggestions, pictures, and shared experiences.

No room in this 35 to move the radiator forward as the front fenders attach to the radiator frame as does the front grill. I also have only 3.5 inches between the radiator and closest engine part. I may have room to get creative behind the grill by angling the condenser (did I mention creative?) :-). Just thinking out loud at the moment. I will investigate the Walker condenser through their website and look into a manifold style vs. a tube and fin. As well as contacting Vintage Air for their input as it applies to the 35's concerns.

H&H is building an 8BA 239 for me and feels comfortable his engine can handle the A/C load and based on my cooling system description, Mike is not too concerned about overheating.

The inner fenders are shark finned helping airflow through the engine compartment and I have opted to not install the belly pans on either side of the engine.

I have looked closely inside, outside, underneath and any area I would consider mounting a remote condenser and came up short based on the 14X20X4inch dimensions.

I currently have a 65 amp alternator, but based on the comments I will be upgrading to the 100 amp. I see a nice 100 amp chrome one that might be a nice touch. Jury is still out on the chrome though. She is a frame off redo plain Jane daily driver with an upgraded 3 speed, but you should have seen my wife double clutch the original 3 speed, it was poetry in motion. Pictures of the car to follow after the engine is back in along with the fenders and grill.

I will keep updating the post as decisions are made and outcomes learned.

Respectfully

Marc
Mercmarc is offline   Reply With Quote