View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 06:04 AM   #11
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Help!--need some interior photos of 29 Tudor

Bill and Fred93 and other interested parties,

I think I have a piece of original windlace material showing the assembly. I do not think you want the tubed "seen" portion loosey goosey but somewhat taunt.

I have A/B pillar sections of the windlace and that above the door also...Kind of neat for examples.

One thing to note on the windlace assembly and this is important...There is sewn to the windlace, a small strip of cardboard running the full length of the windlace itself for the A(front)/B(rear) Pillar attachment. It fits within the metal strip seen in post #7. ( I will get original measurements of this cardboard peice in the morning). This strip of cardboard should be attached before putting the metal strip on (A Pillar only for metal strip...that is the front or the cowl edge of the door). Unlike as seen in post #7 where there is no cardboard strip seen. Once the cardboard strip is correctly sewn onto the windlace...Yes, it should be trimed so as not to protrude from the metal strip when installed onto the A pillar.

I used an ice pick to make the holes for the rivets. Originally, I think if I remember right, the rivets were tubelar in shape...At the time I had no tube rivets so I used split rivets with the correct looking head. (Do not tell the purists that or I will be in trouble!). NO GLUE IS NEEDED IN THIS ASSEMBLY IF DONE CORRECTLY.

Not sure if the reproduction rubber tubing is the same size as the original one gets today in those kits...something tells me the new tubing is larger than that of the original tubing but could be wrong.

As you can see from the article...the original tubing started out as 3/4 inch diameter BUT was reduced down 3/8 inch diameter.

Study this research study on the windlace in a 28-29 Tudor I did a few years ago...It may be of some help to some of you...And for some...Maybe not!

http://plucks329s.org/studies/windla...mystholes.html

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 02-04-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote