Thread: I'm miserable
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
oj

Default I'm miserable

I'm just finishing a Model A hotrod, I had it sitting outside idleing with a radiator filling funnel in the radiator (a big Walker), I let it idle for about 1/2hr and it was hot but maintaining. I thought it was ready for its' maiden voyage and I stuck the plunger into the filler funnel to seal it, shut the engine off and removed the funnel and in that brief time it took to shut off the engine the radiator built up pressure and when I pulled the funnel out I got sprayed with boiling water!
My hands, arms and belly are red as lobsters - well, not quite - I keep aloe in the shop and slathered that all over me, pulled the car back into the shop, closed up and went home for a shower and clean stuff. I'm back now hoping I don't blister. I slather aloe on until it quits working, wash and reapply. Now I'm cleaning the car, its a bigger mess than I am.
I hope I can keep working, I have 2 carbs to put together before I go home and the thought of getting my hands sprayed with carb cleaner gives me pause.
Thanks in advance for your well wishes, this is just reminder to all that shop accidents do happen.
Thanks, oj
oj is offline   Reply With Quote