View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 07:49 PM   #17
George V

Default Re: What was it in its previous life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Thousands of guys with 'dreams' of a race car like this one likely saved many thousands of these cars from going straight to the crusher. Typically, a guy like this found a clapped-out coupe that SHOULD have been destined for the crusher, until "Race Boy" acquired it, mounted his prized set of 'RACING' GAUGES in the dash, torched that huge firewall hole for the dreamed-of "gi-hugic race engine", as well as to save weight. Crammed-in that "racing" Ford rear end with Daddy's welder for the massive drag racing torque expected. Girls, and a newer Mustang changed the direction and the car was pushed right out there amongst the trees like you see it, thus saving one more coupe for us restorer-types to be able to piece back together from the dead. So, who still says that "Wanna Be" hot rodders are bad souls? That coupe that the kid inadvertently saved is in way better shape than Kube's avatar. DD

It saw the track I believe. It came from Kokomo, IN. US 41 Dragstrip is located there. When I was a kid I spent many a weekend at US 30 Dragstrip my brother in-law ran a 67 Camaro there.
George V is offline   Reply With Quote