View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #13
28PHAETONROY

Default Re: Need Help -Front Irons & Bow for 28 Mod A Phaeton

Jim-I think my bow is ok, but I haven't peeled all the top off yet to see. Is the tack wood and the wood in the curved part of your irons ok? I am considering replacing just the irons. Could you send me a few photos showing the condition of your irons, and PM me a price for a driver &a passenger pair?
Synchro- Masonite is a likely suspect for the material in my irons. It is tan colored and gritty. It has held the staples pretty well since, I think, the late 50's when the car was restored by my father-in-law. I tried to burn some of the crumbled mat'l that fell out and it wouldn't burn.

I looked at a friend's Briggs body roadster today, and he had the top installed and shipped on the bows from LeBarron Bonney about 3-4 yrs ago. It is not even a bow in the traditional sense. It is a header wood piece and a piece of heavy strap iron on each side bolted to the rear of the header and connecting to the rear section of the bow-frame. Very clean and simple, and nicely done. Does anyone know where LeBarron was getting those? I called them to see if they would sell the parts, but they said they don't do the installation on bows anymore. Does anyone know about that set up?
Roy
28PHAETONROY is offline   Reply With Quote