View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #13
dmsfrr

Default Re: No fuel to fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves55Sedan View Post
Are you sure that the fuel lines connected to the pump aren't backwards. On mine, the lower hole is connected to the line that comes from the gas tank. There might be "IN" and "OUT" markings, but some pumps don't have it.
The fuel lines look backwards to me too. On the Y-block fuel pumps I have the line from the tank goes into the pump fitting toward the front side of the housing and the fuel line up to the carburetor comes from the more rear side of the pump housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_wcx13 View Post
... The air fuel mixture ratio on the carb seems a lil off , for a v8 it dont accelerate too fast. Ive tried setting it to the manufacturers specs bit it still seems a lil off. Any other info on what i can do to make it run better .
casper_wcx13,
What carburetor and distributor are on the engine?

If it has the original style Loadomatic distributor from '55 it may need some extra attention.
Example photos below.
They are totally vacuum dependent for the ignition timing advance. If the vacuum line from the carburetor or the diaphragm in the vacuum canister is leaking you won't get any timing advance.
Also if the points breaker plate is stuck and can't turn, it needs cleaning & lubrication.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55 56 load-o-matic dist.jpg (50.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 55 dist, arrows.jpg (70.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg fuel pump, labels.jpg (63.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by dmsfrr; 09-22-2021 at 10:03 AM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote