View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Considering buying a T

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
I always wanted a T and bought one fully restored 3 years ago. I refer to it as a major mistake.
A 1924 one door turtle back roadster.
[/B]
Wayne, wow!! I'd much rather tour in one of my Model-Ts than As. More leg room for me, arguable more crowd appeal at stops, more touring opportunities, etc. I've had e of my T to the top of Mt. Rushmore, we've toured the New England states, several tours through the Midwest, toured the same routes and location as Henry Ford & the Vagabonds did 100 years to the day, driven on the sand of Daytona Beach, and even drove 340 miles in one day on the Blue Ridge and Skyline Parkway from Blowing Rock, NC to Luray, VA. My daughter even hillclimbed her speedster when she was still in high school at the FAST hillclimb in Unicoi. My kids would 10 to 1 rather have a Model-T over an A. Matter of fact, both kids started driving their own Ts on tours when they each turned 16. My family definitely does not feel like Model-Ts are a mistake. Several other regulars here like Bill Stipe, Randall Strickland, and a few others likely feel the same way about their Ts.

Below are a few random pix of my family touring with our Ts. Even a video clip of my son Blake unloading & starting his speedster on a tour in Galax, VA. It definitely runs out of steering WAY before it runs out of throttle, ...and will easily outrun most stock Model-As.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYZ8uQ0VkiA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beach.jpg (40.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Ridge Parkway.jpg (73.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Clear Lake IA.jpg (59.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Michigan Tour 2007.jpg (71.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Hillclimb 01.jpg (63.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Hillclimb 02.jpg (77.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Hillclimb 03.jpg (98.8 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Gateway Mountain.jpg (77.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Blake & Bre with friends in Minnesota.jpg (74.0 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Vagabond Tour.jpg (102.6 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Richlands Tour.jpg (93.8 KB, 115 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote