View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 08:11 AM   #1518
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoose View Post
That is a reverse lock out...had one on a '41 Ford pickup (with 4 cylinder and non synchro trans). Your truck is wonderful, btw.
Moose,
Thanks hope things are good down south!
Folks,
Funny that reverse lock out had worked well for a year. I got in there and was tuning up the shifter the other day to improve the ease of shifting. It was sticking bad between second and third. I welded up the ball on the lower part of the shifter lever. This brought the lever vertical up just enough to allow the lower end of the shift lever to have some needed clearance. At the same time I adjusted the threaded stop in the lock out lever. The locking feature was too low and was possibly causing binding. It was very loose threaded assembly at the top of the lever rod , thumb lever. It stripped the threads from the cross pin the other night. Luckly I was able to just pull up the rod to get the tranny in reverse to move around.
So I took it back apart and did a farmer fix to secure the threaded cross stop to the rod. The next guy can fix it to be adjustable! Sorry this may not match what a lot of folks would do. But for now it works good and the shifter is smooth as it can be in a 1.5 ton truck, with a non syncro tranny. Double clutching and getting the RPM's correct are the key to less grinding of the gears!
Just a minor bump in the road of many small improvements to the 32 truck.
Called the machine shop and he is going to try to work on my "B" engine rotating assembly this week. Looking forward to getting a good running engine in the truck!
Hope things are good in Ford Land!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 08-16-2022 at 08:47 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote