View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #27
PalAl

Default Re: Longest trip you took in a Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Ron View Post
I have a high level of respect for the men of WW2 and walking on that ship just gives you chills in a good way. Its amazing to see all the aircraft in the hanger deck. They have newer jet aircraft on the flight deck but in the hanger they have a lot of WW2 restored craft. The way our men lived on that ship was a hardship all to it's self.

They also have a destroyer named the USS Laffey that was hit by multiple Kamikaze attacks. When you sit in the destroyer they play actual and computer generated films of the ship getting attacked in the Pacific and it makes the hairs on your neck stand up. The sounds and vibrations from the audio truly make the attack seem as if it just happened and you were on-board.

I lived in Charleston for a number of years and Both the USS York Town and USS Laffey stand proud in the Charleston Harbor. I get overwhelmed with pride when I see them and feel truly grateful to the people who stood up for God Country and Freedom.

The Men of WW2 were Patriotic Freedom Loving Heroes and I truly appreciate all your father did for this country. It's just so sad to see that half of our country no longer feels that way about America.

Ron
Well said, my feelings are the same. When you see a WWII hat on someone make sure to thank them and perhaps pickup their bill if possible.
PalAl is offline   Reply With Quote