View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 01:12 PM   #22
slatgrille

Default Re: Computer on Wheels

As a former Technology Education teacher, I concur with these sentiments. There is a point where 'high' tech has surpassed the grasp of the average person where it controls you, not the other way around. Making one's life 'easier' is one thing, but we've gotten to the point where we EXPECT these 'improvements' to do it all...like the movie 'WALL-EE' where the people stayed on the couch and everything was done FOR them.

There'd be less distracted driving if people were forced to control the vehicle, i.e. drive it or it doesn't go...manual switches, pedals, etc. Kids don't play anymore unless it's pushing buttons; they don't read unless it's a text; they don't spell but use acronyms; they don't figure out math problems without a calculator....hell, schools can't seem to teach the student without the computer. If there are problems, no one seems to know how to educate the 'old fashioned' way.

My newest vehicle is a 2011 5 speed manual Mazda with 214k on it. I have no intention of buying anything 'modern' again...the on-board tech has gone too far! The Fed. gov't can KMA (acronym) with this mileage tax and where I'm going crap...My F250 is an '03 and my newest jeep is a '79.
slatgrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)