View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 05:38 PM   #43
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: California pcv ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fredy View Post

Well got my car in the garage so back at it .. Here are some photos of exactly what I have The pcv valve sucks in the filtered area othe unit . The filter seems a bit oily but I guess thats to be expected in that area . When I took the canister off , about a cup of oil ran out . I wouldn't think there should be that much acumulation there, but maybe the drain back tube is partially plugged . There was no oil leaking where the unit bolts to the block. It looks like possibly the bracket/bolt that holds the canister down onto the seal needs to be tweeked a bit so that when the canister sits down evenly on the seal the bolt hole lines up . if not the canister will have uneven sealing around the canister . I think that is where my problem lies. The pcv itself seamed a bit gummed up so I sprayed it up and seems OK now .I have some reservations about this location and proximity to oil but I imagine there would be less concern if the oil drains back like it should.I would like to keep the system for nostalga so I will give it one more kick at the can before changing it .... Fred
This is much appreciated!

Now is the intake nipple attached to the cover pointing/drawing towards the inside of the filter element or the outside?

Were there any ID markings on the PCV valve itself?

How was the hose(s), dry?
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote