View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 08:31 AM   #13
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: High Compression Head Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by old31 View Post
Shinn has good videos but I disagree with the comment of going with a 5.5 and not 6.1.

I originally went with a 5.5 Snyders and liked it so much that I changed to a 6.1. Yes, you can tell the difference between the 2.

The price is about the same, so why not go with a 6.1.

Hill climbing is better and easier on the engine, your takeoff is quicker.

As far as going with a Mitchell. You might want to look at some of the other alternatives out there, F150, T5, etc. Mitchell does NOT have a first gear synchro and you need 2 separate boxes to get overdrive and Syncro and they are at least $1k over the others.

I realize Ron will take offense to this however I find this being the typical mindset of today. Ron has given a public review or recommendation, ...and ultimately given advice that will likely affect someone's decision in the future. Ron is a relatively new Model-A owner who IMO lacks enough first-hand experience to actually guide others in this regard. To further add to this, Ron is not an engine rebuilder or restorer who has first-hand experience with both cylinder heads where an accurate comparison can be made. Therefore, this entire recommendation IMO is based on an opinion where there is no foundation other than hearsay for comparison.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote