View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 11:34 PM   #1
7_Zero

Default Club Gifts, Prizes and Awards

The end of the year is fast approaching and I am looking for ideas for gifts and prizes for our club's end of year celebration.

1. What kind of gifts or prizes does your club give to its members?
2. What kind of gifts does your club give to board members?
3. What kind of awards do you give out?
4. What do you do for your end of year celebration?

1. In past years our club has given out bottles of Martinelli's sparkling cider, automotive signs and wall decor from Hobby Lobby, custom artwork, reprints of Model A posters, Model A ornaments, and gift certificates from various Model A vendors. Last year we put together a distributor kit that contained mini feeler gauges, a points file, small screwdriver and distributor cam lube. This was a big hit since most of us are new to Model A’s and did not have those tools.

This year we are thinking about adding a timing wrench and circuit tester to last years kit. We were also toying with tire patch kits, tire pressure gauges, or a first aid kit. These are not set in stone as we are still looking for ideas.

2. Our budget has been quite small so we have not really given gifts to our board members. Last year a member provided clocks, made of a piston and connecting rod, to all board members past and present. It was nice to be able to finally give them something to show appreciation for their hard work.

3. We have not presented many awards, but would like to change that. In the past we have given framed certificates of appreciation to those who have done seminars or presentations throughout the year. We also did some random funny home made awards just for fun.

It would be nice to have some more meaningful awards to present, like a service award, special appreciation for someone, or recognition for an accomplishment etc. There are a select few in the club that carry the bulk of the weight. They definitely deserve the recognition but most awards we can think of would go to those people every year and we worry that it would just discourage other members as they cannot provide the level of service that these few members provide. So we are looking for ideas that would include members of all levels of dedication.

This year we had a club mileage goal and are attempting to get the MAFCA Mileage award. We are making some small awards to give to those who acquired the most miles. Other than that, we do not really have any awards to present.

4. For our celebration we have a dinner at a restaurant, show a slideshow of the years events, and announce our new board. Last year we dressed in era attire and held a game show to test our knowledge and have a little friendly competition.

I would love to hear about what you or your club has done. If you have repurposed Model A parts for gifts and prizes, I would love to hear about those! If you do something fun and unique at your party, please let us know!

Thank you for your ideas! I hope that this thread might help others looking for ideas too.
7_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote