View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #12
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: '36 Pickup electrical issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehoovie View Post
You don't have to take the steering column out of the truck to remove the ignition switch assembly. There are two screws holding the ignition switch assembly to the steering wheel column drop. You might want to disconnect the battery first before removing the ignition switch assembly. I found it best to turn the key to unlock the steering wheel for disassembly and reassembly of the ignition switch assembly. Disconnect the two wires to the ignition switch assembly and then remove the two screws holding the switch housing can to the column drop. The entire ignition switch assembly will drop down into your hand.

Ignore the plate with the tab in the picture below. - that plate applies to the 1932 model year only....The dual contact brush pivots on the indented small hole inside the metal housing can....

Pictures courtesy of 1935fordtn - Third Gen Automotive
Pete I had that plate with the tab fall out in my hands with the other small parts. This is on a 1936 Pickup. It looks old has to be original.
I assume that raised tab part that juts out goes away from the pivot arm of the on-off switch, right? Towards the RH side of the vehicle?
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote