View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Different Temps! Different Sounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC View Post
I run three temperature gauges on my 35 Coupe (I'm a belt and suspenders guy!) ... stock 35 dash gauge plus separate drivers and passenger head probes. Engine runs great - no complaints. Its a 1948 59AB modified (scroll down for details)

1) I have aftermarket Navarro heads that facilitate extra coolant bungs ... two questions questions .. I've noticed for quite some time that the passenger side head always runs 180 while the drivers side head runs always 160-165 - always! (I've not tested each thermostat) but use a heat gun to check. I've heard this is normal but interested in your thoughts (hopefully based on facts)why this is common ??

2) I believe the passenger side exhaust is louder than the drivers side ... had others confirm this as well. I have the same mufflers / exhausts on both sides - have you found the sound difference as well on your dual exhaust builds?

A couple of COOL (actually warm?) questions about a NOISY (I'd bet that's some beautiful noise) old used car! This should be interesting, especially on the noise aspect. Back to the top! Luv that car, Peter!! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)