View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
365Window

Default '36 wheel size with drop axle

Hello Experts (and Whatnot),

I recently acquired a '36 5w coupe which is my first pre-50s classic. Not my favorite body style but the car is a complete steel mid30s coupe regardless and the price was right and I was the first to see it so I grabbed it. It barely ran when I got it but after a carb rebuild and some plugs the 350SBC runs flawlessly.

Anyway, to the point, it has lots of go but not much stop with the drums brakes on it now. I am dropping the front end and adding front disc brakes. The car is a driver and my aim is not to dump a bunch of money into it but just to make it drive rock solid and look cool doing it.

This kit from Speedway has a lot of great customer reviews and fits my budget and needs.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Ford-F...xle,35260.html

My questions are around front wheel size. I'll be using 48 in 4 in drop axles (2 +/- actual drop), reverse eye spring (1-2 in drop) with 37-41 style aftermarket spindles, 3 3/4 in drop steering arms.

I am pretty firm on 15 in with 4.5in BP. I'll probably just powder coat some smoothies but not sure on the width and backspace should be.

The above setup seems pretty standard so I am betting some of you guys can tell me the issues you have encountered with different wheel sizes, tires, and backspace issues and/or what works best. And REMEMBER, a pictures worth a thousand words...

Here is mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0032.jpg (80.8 KB, 169 views)
365Window is offline   Reply With Quote