View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #17
deuce lover

Default Re: One of 8 open cars uncovered after 60+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospartsman View Post
Here's a 1932 roadster that came from a group of 8 all open cars that were found in Illinois by 3 guys plus a killer load of NOS sheet metal. (Think the Atocha) The cars were 32 roadster, 33 roadster, 34 roadster, 35 roadster, 36 roadster, 36 cabriolet, 36 club cabriolet., 39 Lincoln Zephyr convertible sedan. I bought the 32. Some of the highlights of the NOS parts were, 34 front fender 32 grille shell, 35 and 36 coupe rears, 35-37 pickup front, 3 35 grilles, 3 36 grilles, 35 pickup grille, 40-41 pickup front. 2 33-34 pickup lower grille aprons, 37 coupe rear, some Model A fronts, and some good used sheet metal. The story I was told is that the guy who had this stuff bought these cars when they were just old used cars and kept them in not the best storage, most of the cars have rust issues do to two feet deep of racoon crap which cause floors to rust out completely. The 32 roadster has that problem, but I'm happy when I don't think about what I paid. When is the last time you've seen a 32 roadster that wasn't either street rodded or restored.
Paul,Is it a true standard roadster?
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote