View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #7
P.S.

Default Re: Looking for Model T for wife. Prices seem a lot higher than expected. Why?

Thank you again, guys.

We are aware of how a T is operated. Agreed, one does not simply jump in a T and go. Though, it would be funny to watch some know-it-all try. I suspect it would be like watching a chimp try to use a cellphone.

My observation was that for the amount of money that is apparently needed for a Model T in the minimum condition we would like, we would possibly be better off just getting her a Model A. She just specifically requested a T, so I was going off of that. Like I said, if she is showing that kind of interest, I don't want to say "no". From what I have read here, very few wives want an antique car of their own (not just ride along in husband's antique car).

It took a couple years to restore the Model A, but she doesn't want to go to that length on this. She seems to want a Model T that can be driven safely and reliably but isn't concerned over the cosmetics.

Our A was cosmetically OK, but mechanically horrible when we got it. It was a do-over and she doesn't want to burden me with a total body-off teardown project for this to happen. Honestly, I'm quite thankful for that!

We use our Model A a lot. However, after the compete rebuild of everything, then interior and paint, etc., we have more of a showpiece than she would like for her pleasure use. She's a little afraid to drive it, though she is very capable.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote