Thread: Radial Tires
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
OHV DeLuxe

Default Re: Radial Tires

I don`t mean to question anybody`s experience with bias ply tires. but i have been playing with old worn out 30s-40s-50s cars for about 20 years, and most of the rides are abit heavy on the arms to keep straight and nice on very bad roads. The last Ford V8 i sold, a 1939 was terrible when i got it and i made it a little better with front end alignment etc. The now new owner of the car did a great job of taking it even further and the car now rides like a new Lincoln. Thanks to new, fresh, straight tires, new steering joints and king bolts.
I now have a bone stock well cared for 17000 miles 1946 super deluxe, and with new tires and everything perfectly aligned it is a dream along the road, absolutely arrow straight and smooth as a Lincoln, even on the not so even shitty Norwegian asfalt. It has new Firestone blackwall 6.00-16" from Coker. After the two last cars i must, even though it hurts, admit that the front end wear and alignment is the factor to blame on all my previous cars. The low milage 46 really is an eye opener towards pias ply tires for everybody who rides with me or drives the car. When everything is straight and correct, these cars works very well bone stock. And last, you cannot really beat the looks, the feel and the smooth rolling action of bias ply tires.
OHV DeLuxe is offline   Reply With Quote