View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Columbias can break your Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
In 2006 I spent a month with Paul Garagan (Rumbleseat). In 2003 my wife and i spent a week in Colorado, I got a 70 birthday present, a ride on the Durango Silverton NGRR. We flew into Denver and drove there. I was so impressed with the state, I just had to go back and spend some time there, so we started saving for a trip. Unfortunately, my wife passed away in 2005. uring 2006 I made arrangements to go to Bville with Paul, we would tour the state for several weeks before the races in his 34 roadster.
Everything went off very well, we went places with the roadster that would make a mountain goat think twice, and the columbia worked just fine. I asked Paul if he ever thought the columbis was worth the effort. his answer was, he really liked the way it operated but the reliability factor and the expense, as well as the down time was wearing thin and if it went again he'd replace it. I asked with what? He said not sure, not many options. I miss him, great guy.

gramps

I remember you's two stirrin'-up the old car world with your shenanigans. Hard to believe that was all the way back in 2006. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote