View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #20
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Short video as promised

My Puter wouldn't take the link. I can't see what you've done so far. Considering your questions and comments, it must be a lot! As one poster said, don't let the body work bog you down, as it can be tedious. Welding in patch panels is easy, slopping on "Liquid metal" is easy. It's what seems like endless sanding that gets you down. You'll look for easier ways to do it. I had to do my hood over and sand it with a "Long Board"! It seemed endless! But there came that time when it was done. Then will come that fabulous day when you prime it. Yippee! We're finally getting it done! Yeah but we have more sanding to do! Sand it down and prime it again, and maybe again till every imperfection is gone. Then prime it with Transtar black. This really is for visuals. Any imperfections, once again, get then all. The outrageous numbers you've heard for the price of a paint job begin to make sense. And when you get done, there will still be something that you missed. You're at the "Oh the hell with it" stage now. But now you're at the let's just get this thing done! stage. You've put five lbs of Liquid Metal and Bondo on the car and swept up three lbs of it off the floor. Gee! How about being a body and fender guy for a living! If you're anything like I was, I hate tedium! And this was one of the most tedious jobs I ever did. But Stick it out! It's great when it's done! I'm starting my coupe next week!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote