View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
Keith True

Default Re: Supplier Return Credit Poilcy

Most businesses seem to be doing this.I did return a few things to a vendor,(non A)and the vendor credited me in a reasonable amount of time.About 7 or 8 days if I remember right.The credit card company however,waited a couple of weeks.Another few cents interest multiplied by thousands of times can add up for them.I bought a Harley from a friend,he had a payoff on it,so instead of getting together with the finance company and all that I just gave him a bank check for him to deposit,then he could pay it off.The money was gone out of my account 20 minutes after he deposited the check,however they would not transfer the money from his account to the note for 10 days.Local banks,everything on the up-and-up,my bank told me it was policy to hold to collect just a little more interest off him.In the wait he had to make one more payment.Paypal will pull crap like that on you too.I bought a Model A part off ebay,the seller called me to apologize and tell me it was broken and could not sell it like that.He refunded my money on his end,but GE capital credit held up the refund,billed me,and wanted their payment.I had to contact the N.H. consumer affairs/fraud division,the next day I got an email with a statement from GE Capital showing the credit.I owed zero on the paypal account,but they were billing me for the $100.or so that they were supposed to credit me.On the phone the answer was,just pay it to preserve your credit,you will be credited the full amount within 60 days.Extortion just to gain a little interest.After the State got after them they dropped my credit limit to $100.I responded by dropping it to zero by dropping the account.Now I can't buy on ebay unless sellers will take money orders.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote