View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
Lona

Default Lebaron Bonney Disappointment

In spite of their past good reputation for products and service, I am very disappointed with Lebaron Bonney. The installation instruction that came with my new '31 Roadster top are very amateurish with hand sketches that are difficult to understand and descriptions that do not completely explain some of the important steps. I called them this morning for some advice on forming the top over the rounded corners at the front header but was told the person who used to answer technical questions recently retired. I was given the option of leaving my number so that one of the shop workers could call me back tomorrow but chose not to because, from experience, these messages usually go unanswered. Anyway, I am on a deadline to get this top finished and can't afford the gamble that someone might or might not call me back.

Please, if anyone has experience installing this top, I would really appreciate some advice. The problem is how to form and staple the top at the header corners without the fabric bunching up which happens if you follow their directions. Marco's site has some good photos of how it should look when finished but I can't find any photos of how it's done.

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Lona is offline   Reply With Quote