View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #50
Liberty Garage

Default Re: New Doodlebug Owner

Progress update;

Since last posting have changed out the radiator (was able to get a really good used one for a reasonable price!), built the initial wiring harness, swapped out the Tilly for a Zenith, hooked up the carb controls, built an exhaust system and a few other changes or repairs I can't recall at the moment.

The harness will be further refined and then covered with looming, the Zenith was on another engine I bought, took apart and it had been rebuilt a few years back but a good cleaning and back together, starts & runs really good now and will just sit and idle! The exhaust system started from a flanged piece I got at O'Reillys, then into an elbow and into a small truck muffler and then a down turn. Much quieter now and more enjoyable to let it sit there and run.

Much more to do, but some other projects will take center stage for awhile (we ride AHRMA and have a couple old BSA's that need attention before the season starts), will peck away at it when time allows and then my brother (OldTee) and I plan to hit it hard again in mid-May, hoping to be at a point where we can do a partial tear down, clean and paint a few more things and then a final assembly. Would like it to be drive-able before end of summer.

The pictures tell the story, thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 001.jpg (89.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 003.jpg (63.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 004.jpg (64.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 006.jpg (85.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 012.jpg (69.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 016.jpg (72.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Doodlebug 2-16-18 018.jpg (60.0 KB, 35 views)
Liberty Garage is offline   Reply With Quote