View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
pgerhardt

Default Re: New guy with fuel line question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmag View Post
I may be wrong on the official designation. I actually inherited the car from my great uncle who passed away. The vehicle has been in my family since the 60's and my Dad was the most recent owner. It was explained to me that it was a deluxe because it has the two, side mounted spare tires and the optional rear trunk. I can include a photo if it helps. If I'm wrong I certainly want to know. I am confident, however, that it is a 1929.

Thanks again.
Welcome fellow 29 tudor owner. While not a deluxe, duel side mounts are not common, and a cool feature added by the dealer, or sometime later. Enjoy your tudor, and feel free to ask any questions you have. We love them! And would love to see more pictures (one of my 29 is below).

As stated, there is no such thing as a "deluxe" 29 tudor. They were not offered until near the end of model A production and had cowl lights and a dome light. I am curious. Does your 29 still have its original electric wiper motor? For some reason most have lost theirs, and have been replaced by vacuum wipers. Trunks and trunk racks were an after market add on. IMHO the trunk rack on the 29 tudor should be the black folding type, not the chrome and "wood" ones found on roadsters. (picture 2)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.42.08 PM.jpg (80.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 5.54.06 PM.jpg (72.6 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by pgerhardt; 12-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)