Thread: vacuum wipers
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
Ggmac

Default Re: vacuum wipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry K View Post
I have a '41 Ford and my wipers do not work. I have check vacuum with no good results. How would I go about checking for my problem ? Thanks Terry
Car or truck ? Ill tell you how i doit for a car . Remove wiper arms and blades .
Remove the three vacuum lines from the switch . Take the large vacuum line from the engine and splice it to the large vacuum line going to the motor . Use any hard tube thatll fit into the hoses . Brass , plastic , fish tank air line connector, hard tube from inside spray windex bottles etc . It should at least try to move with the motor running and having vacuum of +14 in merc . If not its time to remove the vacuum motor . One thing I forgot before you do , make sure the wiper motor interior connectors are not binding on anything, radio , wires etc.
if you have a factory radio its better and easier to remove the radio before you remove the vacuum motor . I found nos motors on ebay but i was able to clean and lube mine and clean and lube the vacuum switch . The switch has a wiper that needs oil or lube to help seal from leaking . They are a very simple set up .
Ggmac is offline   Reply With Quote