View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
sturgis 39

Default Re: Converting model A backing plate to Juice brakes?

I will probably never install hydraulic brakes on my Model "A". When I was a young and stupid I thought this conversion was a must. I heard nothing but bad stuff about mechanical brakes and most of it was generated by Ford so they could sell more cars in 39 and more pickups in 38. Some of these myths are still in circulation and spread by people in 60 to 80 age group. I had a 38 two door with mechanical brakes that stopped just as good as the 39 with hydraulic brakes that I drive today.

I never have to add brake fluid to the Model"A". The mechanical brakes got a lot of bad press because they were not maintained in the 1940 to 1960. They are easy to maintain but because of Ford and other car manufactures negative comments they were bad, bad, bad.

When people look at my Model "A", they usually say, you still have mechanical brakes. My reply is "ya, ant she cool". It is kind of like a cocktail waitress with a Dolly Partton wig. Ya ant she cool. I think Travis Trip sings the song.

Do not spend a bunch of money to satisfy a bunch of comments from people that actually have no knowledge about the subject.

There is a young couple that have tried to sell their house. They took it off the market and for the last two years they have been working on the house and spending a bunch of money. They both have big egos. There was nothing wrong with the house but people that viewed the house did not like this and they did not like this and they would have to change this. Most of the comments were to lower the price and the people that were viewing the house probably could not afford the house. The house now has a bunch of so called improvements and they will not get a dime more when they put it back on the market.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote