Thread: Macs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #39
Bent-8

Default Re: Macs

Quote:
"BUT" - when my work is completed and ready to send back to their customer, I use Ecklers shipper numbers (such as UPS...) and when the total comes up on the screen, Ecklers gets an immediate 25% to 40% discount on their shipping rates
that they are charging their customers FULL PRICE ! ! !
I worked in the small parcel shipping industry for 20+ years. Sadly, most all companies with a large shipping volume have this figured out. UPS and FedEx negotiate rates based on volume. Businesses often bounce back and forth between the two, going with whichever gives the best deal at the time. It's not uncommon for the discounts to be even larger. I've seen up to 75%!!! Do they pass that savings on you, the customer? Most times not! Its called GREED! Don't do business with big companies that charge high shipping rates. They are robbing you blind.

Mom and Pop business simply can't compete with this because they don't have nearly the same leverage with the shipping companies. Many small businesses have to rely on actual customer service to stay in business. Most do a good job. Do us all a favor, and go with the little guy when you have a choice.
Bent-8 is offline   Reply With Quote