View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
blucar

Default Re: The rest of the story

During the course of my conversation with "Delbert" on Sunday the question about the title came up. "Delbert" remembered that I had contacted him on behalf of my brother when the mismatched number issue came up in 1981.
"Delbert" had claimed in 1981 that he had any knowledge of there being a problem with the serial number (s), at the time the he owned the car, he had no need to check the numbers on the frame and/or title.
On Sunday "Delbert" was again mystified about the numbers issue. "Delbert" did not elaborate on how well he knew the man he had bought the car from, he did mention the man's name, but did not offer any info about if the man, as to if he would, or had, "married" the undocumented vehicle to a title with doubtful parentage.
My brother was able to prove via registration slips that he had owned the car for almost twenty years, cool heads prevailed, the state of Idaho accepted the number on the frame as being the correct number, this number or the number on the CA title did not show up in any data base, so the CA title was destroyed by the state and a new title issued with the frame number..
Foot note:
Had either of the '37's been been reported as stolen, and not recovered, or if there had been a lien recorded against them, which had not been cleared, the serial numbers would have been in a data base somewhere, that is how stolen cars/vehicles are now being recovered twenty-five to thirty-five years after the fact..

Last edited by blucar; 03-30-2015 at 01:44 PM.
blucar is offline   Reply With Quote