View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #99
inex01

Default Re: Success with improvements for touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post
This thread prolly makes no sense anymore.
I simply began it as informative based on my personal experience. In no way did I ever suggest the mods I made were essential. I am aware that various owners have often contemplated, 'what if I made this particular mod to the car?", and I was merely attempting to address that.

Several of the responses I felt were outrageous and abusive, and non-contributory, and ignored the disclaimer that I included which was simply, 'if you don;'t like it don't do it'.
Those people have been invited to have lunch with me for free, but no one has ever taken me up on my offer. However, that offer still stands.

I soon deleted the details of my initial post.

In the Dallas club we think nothing of doing 1000 mile tours and there are times you cannot avoid the interstates. Most of us have incorporated various types of uneccessary mods. Before you respond, first tell us exactly what you do with your car.

"but not real dire necessity"
At no time was it said that they were

Appropriate, helpful responses here would be not to focus on the issue of necessity, since it was already agreed they are not essential, but rather to state your personal experience with similar mods; such as , well, I have a Mitchell and I don't like it because......; or I have AC but I don't like it because......
My Roadster is "Mod" free and my Slant sedan has every "Mod" I wanted and was able to install to make it a "Real World" driver. Yes I like them both equally but use each for different events, around town the Roadster on trips the Slant. Because I do my own wrenching I know what to do if one of my "Mods" fail because I carry the needed backups, but all systems have worked perfectly to date.

My feeling is that you bought the car and can do whatever you like, if you are a "Purest" just focus on your own, same for people like me I focus on my own cars and sincerely care less what anyone says, they did not buy my car for me, then do not pay for my insurance or pay for my fuel so the heck with the critics !