View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 05:31 PM   #14
Model51

Default Re: What have we got here?

Mark,
The Fordson Thames 7V came out in 1937 and is a heavier duty truck and not the same as a Model 61. I'll post a couple of pictures. I think Ford made the Thames through 1949. The precursor to the Thames was the 1935-36 Fordson (see attached catalog image). For a very brief time Ford also made a Model 51 version in England (see other attached catalog image). All are cool looking trucks.

I had to sort through the Model 61 truck when pulling the information together for my book. The Model 61 uses a lot of parts from the Model 51 but then a lot of very similar but different parts too. For example the wheels look very much like the US versions, but they are different. Otherwise, I'm not that knowledgeable on English Fords.

I too am a fan of some British shows. Current runs of Professor T, Sherlock from a couple years ago, All Things, and a few more. It's so much more relaxing to watch than most US TV shows.
Dave
Model51 is offline   Reply With Quote