View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Deluxe Delivery

Unhappy How would you handle this...ebay situation?

OK, I scored a nice looking original A running chassis on the e-bay the other day. Called the guy, he said he made a street rod out of an all original 30 tudor and wanted to get rid of the running chassis and all the other "junk", fenders, dash, interior parts etc because all he wanted was this cherry body. I said " OK, if you throw in all the extra stuff, I won't even make an offer, I'll pay full asking price with the Buy-It Now. He agreed and I offered an immediate deposit with the balance paid in cash in person. He said he'd trust me and would not sell it to anyone else and I can pay all cash on pickup. I again agreed. Then he called back and wanted it all on paypal, saying e-bay requires it that way. I said it only requires a deposit when buying cars, but he insisted, and again I agreed.
I paid in full with paypal. I called him today to arrange to pick it up tomorrow and he said "You cost me $120..that's what paypal took and you can pay me cash tomorrow !" I countered that I tried to pay him cash, but it was his idea to go with paypal. He said he wasn't aware of that and if I want the parts, I have to bring an extra $120.
I am a little upset that I have to pay his paypal fees that he insisted on using. I really want the chassis and parts, but feel a bit hosed if I give him an extra$120. So, before I travel 6 hours to retrieve my purchase, I'd like to know what you think. WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?
Deluxe Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote