View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: sealed bearing fan hub

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Jones View Post
B&S; I'm just trying to do a direct replacement for the oil type hub on my very stock 45 pickup with the usual 59 AB motor and stock type radiator etc. I have a couple of the stock hubs and haven't had any real problems but I don't want any problems either. I just think a sealed bearing type of hub is a far better choice. And yes, I do have the tools and capability to make one from scratch.

I hadn't thought of trying to use any type of stock hub from another vehicle. A picture and dimensions of the Corvair one would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Here is a mechanical fan that we built from scratch for HEARD's '36 Ford coupe with an 8BA engine. Because of the rearward slant of the radiator on a '35 and 36, it's about impossible to use an 8BA-type fan without it hitting the radiator, and ELECTRIC fans are for those who settle for the 'easy' way out! That Corvair fan bearing is the main ingredient in our adaptation. For the entire build sequence with lots of pictures (including the Corvair bearing with some measurements), click on the link below! PM me with questions you may have. DD

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showt...08#post1869208

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is online now   Reply With Quote