View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #24
Roger V

Default Re: car hauler trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleydave View Post
Thanks for input. I have pulled many trailers over the years. Large small open and enclosed.

I currently have a 2005 Explorer with V8, electric brake unit, and proper hitch.

Closed are not good for me here in KY. Too much humidity in summer and heat build up to store a vehicle in.

Is an 18ft trailer long enough for our A's

Looking for Aluminum (saves over 1000# weight) tandem with brakes on both axles.

Anyone have any recommendations based on personal experience?

Thanks
Can't speak to your tow vehicle but I have all aluminum (obviously not coupler and axles/springs) 18 foot open as well as 22 foot enclosed with electric brakes on both axles. Since my trailers have to live outside I got tired of rust on the steel versions. When I bought the open one I had a 2009 F150 with the 5.4 V8. That combination did everything I needed it to do for instance hauling a '57 T-Bird that is heavier than most A's in the Pennsylvania mountains. Since then I'm towing with an Ecoboost F150 that has 410 lbs. of torque which more than handles the enclosed trailer with later heavier cars. I don't tow frequently but this combination serves my purpose.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote