View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #12
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: 6.00x16 Tire Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucar View Post
I have a cousin that is eight years older than I am. My cousin was a died in the wool Ford man, would not drive or own anything that was not Ford. For some unknown reason my cousin had a fixation with 600 x 16 tires. Up through the 1970's he insisted that the Ford dealer order a new F100 with 16" tires. My cousin still has his '66 F100 and '75 F100 with 16" 6 ply tires.
My cousin bought a new '64 Galaxcy 2dr, kept it until the 1980's, his wife was so tired of the car, it was actually in great shape, she went to the Ford dealer and traded the '64 in on a new Ford. She drove the new Ford home parked it in the garage, my cousin blew a gasket when he found out his wife had traded the 64 off. He went to the dealer and tried to by the car back.. It was gone.. The guys at the dealership were probably fighting over the '64.
I think at that time I would have seriously considered trading her in for a new model.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote