View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
hardtimes

Default Re: Firewall Insulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gregory View Post
Anyone using a Firewall Insulator that some of the parts vendors are selling ? My Coupe is just a fun car so i don't mind that the inside firewall wouldn't look 100% orig. I'm having the car painted and have the gas tank out so now would be the time to install the insulator. Is it a pretty easy fit and is the differents in comfort worth the price?? I do have a manifold heater and would need to cut a hole for that which shouldn't be to tuff.
Gary,
If I read you right, you are asking about the one piece firewall insulator that is constructed of THICK felt with some type plastic cover molded to shape of model a firewall (inside).
Yes, I put one of these in my '30 roadster when I had it torn down as yours is now.
Tips: have everything clear of the firewall; best to have two sets of hands(but I did by myself); spray some 3M adhesive ...a little on insulation and a little on firewall; here is where two guys come in more better , as this 3M is serious stuff once it TOUCHES (after short tacky time) as it won't move after touching !
Prep: set the insulator into place and do any holes/cutting/fitting prior to glueing. Good luck

Btw...it has a textured surface and is black and you will NOT even notice that it is in place..unless you know,eh I wouldn't have it any other way, if your firewall is already stripped down.

Last edited by hardtimes; 11-17-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: add...
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote