View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #7
denniskliesen

Default Re: 1929 A headlights

I think I know what your problem is. You have what some of the CD vendors call 28 head lights. They have smaller 2 pin sockets for your conduit connection. Originally your light switch probably had contacts that har 4 legs instead of 3 like the later models. So might check and confirm that. The older 4 prong switch does not work with most harness made today. I’ve read Sacramento Vintage is the only place to get a 28 harness. Nobody makes a reproduction 28 switch. BTW I went through all of this with my January 29. At the time I didn’t realize there was a difference in switches. The 28 headlights had a single 2 element bulb. One of the elements was 3 cp for park lights. So you switch had, park, off, and headlight. There was no high beam as we know it on later models. If you keep your buckets, all you need to make them work with your harness, figure out which of those 2 out of 3, work with high beam and low. This is keeping a single bulb reflector. You only need to clip the terminal ends on the black with red tracer, and black with green tracer. Buy the 2 pin conduit socket, the terminal ends for the wire that have a screw in one end. These are the only terminal that work with the 2 wire setup. Also you will need the smaller conduit that are referred to as 28 only. Ask me how I know, I went through this exercise when I bout new conduits from Snyder’s and beings my car is early 29 I needed bigger 3 pin. I talked to Tom and he insisted I have 28 buckets. If you want the 2 bulb reflector setup, you need to eliminate those pieces that hold the wiring and go straight through with different connectors. I hope this makes sense.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote