View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:53 AM   #10
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Info Request: 30-31 Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
rotorwrench... thanks,

You continue to reiterate your point. I do not disagree. However, you also continue to miss my point. But that's ok. It goes without saying that building a 30's auto without an original/re-pop set of subrails to serve as a fitment baseline reference can prove challenging.. I'd also assume that this is very unconventional method for this particular forum...

And with that, and a tip of the hat, I'll bid you a ,good day Sir.'

Not necessarily. While you may feel it is challenging, the advice they are giving you is spot-on. The only additional advice I will give you outside of the great advice you have received above is to tack-weld the doors and quarters to the cowl to begin your project. Use strips of sheetmetal to tack-weld the panels together with the desired door gaps. Then level and square the entire unit on a jig. Begin fabricating the sill section to fit your frame. Once completed, remove the tack-welds and the sheetmetal strips and metalfinish smooth.

IMHO, what you are about to do is WAY easier than fitting reproduction sills to a body. The reasoning is with restoration, you must replicate to an original specification or standard. In creating sills, you build to your own design.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote