View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 07:56 AM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Electronic ignition advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Baskin III Pa. View Post
Funny thing is almost everyone here runs modern cars with electronic ignition and depend on it every time to start there vehicle.

I've had electronic ignition for 15yrs with no problems.Wire then correctly and they are trouble free. No muss no fuss just start and go.
The logic behind this is indeed great. Yes, electronic ignition systems are everywhere. So with that said, everyone always seems to use the word "should" stating that "if" you make sure you have good grounds, -and "if" you clean your connections as a part of your maintenance, --and "if" you don't forget to leave the switch on, ...and "if" the battery is.

Not to belabor the point, but so often we find these things failing at the most inopportune time. I think most of us here who have been around Model-As know of someone who has experienced a failure with a retrofitted electronic ignition on a Model-A. Sure, it is easy to put blame on that car owner suggesting they "should" have done this or that to prevent that failure, but none the less, it still failed. With the great quality of the Stipe cam, the modern lower plate, A&L points & condensers, ...in my view there is no real advantage of retrofitting an electronic triggering device over the Kettering system.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote