View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #13
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Model A Day at Gilmore Cancelled!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MN View Post
Good question Brent.
My wife and I would not attend a large gathering of elderly folk, like ourselves, until a vaccine with a success rate of 80% reliability is developed and a minimum 50% of the population have received treatment. Attending any large gathering without these criteria met, to me, is irresponsible.
Good Day!
Solitary Dave
Yes, I have heard others say something similar. The irony is the Henry Ford research center claims that it will be a minimum of 18 months, -and if successful, it will be fasted vaccine ever created. I think the average time for creation of effective vaccines is like 5 years. I think the Polio vaccine was like over 5 years, the AIDs vaccine has been over 20 years in the making, the Ebola was like 2½ years, and some are closer to 10 years.

So without a effective vaccine being developed and in use, that means we really can't have a Model-A Day, -or a Hershey Swap Meet, a MARC/MAFCA National Meet, ...or whatever event for another two years (-or longer). If so, what do you think will happen to this hobby? The social aspect of the Model-A club membership is as big (-or bigger) than just owning an A. Additionally, places like the Gilmore and the Henry Ford need attendees to survive financially. Can many of these places survive for that long without financial support derived from such events??

I realize the health of ourselves and of others is (-should be) priority, but it does make you stop and think for a bit, we may not be able to have a 2021 Model-A Day, -or even a 2022 Model-A Day.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote